Monday, April 27, 2009


Last week at the dollar store my lovely daughter Clara (who is 3), as usual, was going around trying to get us to buy everything in the store.


This is a little girl who, typically, is all about the princesses. She's as gag-me-with-a-spoon girly as you can get. Everything must be pink. Princesses are clearly the highest position in the world. And when people ask her name, she often introduces herself as "Sleeping Beauty" or "Giselle" (for those of you who have seen the semi-spoof princess movie by Disney, "Enchanted").


So you can imagine my surprise when she brought me these Harley Davidson temporary tattoos. I'm not sure what attracted her to them, other than the fact that they looked like stickers. But they were next to Winnie the Pooh and Tigger tattoos (yes this WAS the dollar store after all) so I can't imagine what drew her to the boring (to a child) black, white and orange label like things with nothing but words.
Alas, she had to have them, and I was more than willing to oblige in something that she wanted that finally reflected the slightly tough side of her - the side only my husband and I see when she doesn't want to go to bed.
Yes, my sweet little soft hearted princess does have a tough side.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home