Monday, April 27, 2009

Welcome to my blog! This is a new thing for me and I think I'll like it. :)

I don't know entirely what I'll be writing about. A mishmash, photography style, I suspect. I'll post my favourite photos I have taken, and likely write a lot about the cute stuff my daughter does ;) She is REALLY cute, exceptionally cute. And full of personality. She has much more than I do so she makes better subject matter, for sure! ;)

But, I will tell you a little about me first - My name is Sandra Correll, I'm a professional photographer specializing in babies, children and families. I also dabble in graphics.
I'm married to the funniest guy I've ever met, Greg Correll. He continually amazes me with his talents as a slammin' keyboard player and cracks me up constantly with his wit. I admire his dedication to us as a family and his hard work and determination to do his part at giving our family a good life, and I'm not speaking just professionally (although that does apply!). He is truly an amazing guy and I couldn't imagine my life without him.
We were blessed with, truly, the best little girl that exists. Seriously, don't knock it till you meet her. She really is that awesome. At the time of my writing this she is just over 3 years old, and she is one seriously incredible child.
A little more about me... I grew up in a humble little town called Caledonia in Ontario, Canada. The latter part of my childhood was spent in a bit of a bigger city called Hamilton. I spent my childhood with two loving parents and a hilariously funny and only mildly annoying older sister, Laura. She grew out of the annoying part when I moved across the continent and started missing her. ;)

My passion for photography started pretty young. My first camera (small and pink, held 110 film) was given to me by my dad and I still remember the photos I took with it, although I couldn't have been more than 4 or 5. By the time I was a pre-teen I got my hands on a little Pentax auto 110 and I think it was the happiest day of my life. I remember very clearly shivering on blanket on my yard attempting to take photos of the lunar eclipse on a very cold fall night in Canada. I'm pretty sure none of the pictures turned out, and thus, I began learning! ;)

My passion has grown over the years from hobby and interest to full on obsession, and thus, I decided to start doing it for a living. Make sense, eh! (and there are my Canadian roots there for ya ;)).
Well I'll try not to go into every detail of my life right off the bat here, or I may not have anything else to post about ;) but you get a general idea of "me". Hope you keep reading, hope I don't bore the socks off of you.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home